20 May, 2017
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is trying to lure compatriot Marco Verratti to Stamford Bridge this summer, according to a report.
According to the Sun, Antonio Conte's side have made a £55million offer for the Italy worldwide.
When asked earlier this week if he will stay at PSG for another season, the Italy global said: "Yes".
Marco Verratti of Paris Saint-Germain reacts during warmup before the Ligue 1 match between EA Guingamp and Paris Saint-Germain at Parc des Princes on April 9, 2017 in Paris, France.
Earlier this week, reports claimed that the Premier League champions have tabled a £55 million bid for the Italy worldwide.
However, despite the Parisians slumping to second this season behind Monaco, Verratti is said to be happy at the club and willing to pen a new five year deal.
Chelsea's pursuit of Verratti will not be straightforward, however, it doesn't appear as though the 24-year-old is entirely keen on making the move.
Conte wants the midfield metronome to add some more creativity to his Blues squad, especially with the challenge of Champions League football back on the agenda next season.